H1B re-affirmation notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B re-affirmation notice

Hi all. I attended my visa interview in july 2011 where i was provided with 221g green form and was asked to submit documents. Few montha later, i got a rejection notice stating that case is sent to USCIS for further review. In march 2012 my employer in US received a reaffirmation notice from USCIS. I called the chennai consulate and they askd me to walk-in on any t/w/t betn 10 to 12. Is there anyone else with similar experience? Can any1 tell me whts lined up next?

Originally posted by swapz View Post
    Hi all. I attended my visa interview in july 2011 where i was provided with 221g green form and was asked to submit documents. Few montha later, i got a rejection notice stating that case is sent to USCIS for further review. In march 2012 my employer in US received a reaffirmation notice from USCIS. I called the chennai consulate and they askd me to walk-in on any t/w/t betn 10 to 12. Is there anyone else with similar experience? Can any1 tell me whts lined up next?
    hi..it must be a relieving news for you after such a long wait..i believe you should take all the docs that are mentioned in the 221g though they are submitted earlier.do you still have the job at the client's location? good luck with your intw and am sure there will be positive outcome this time.pls post your experience at the consulate.

Comment

Congratulations Swapz.

I am also in the same boat, i had interview on Nov-9-12 and my petition is also pending review with USCIS. I was loosing hope but your case gave me a breathing air.

Were your employer/client contacted by USCIS for any details during the review?

Comment

Hi there,

I also received the reaffirmation notice yesterday..but when I call the chennai consulate regarding the same. they are not telling anything.

Can you please tell me which consulate you have contacted.

also, can you please share your phone number.

Thanks!

Comment

hello,

I also got the re affirmation notice (I797) some days ago. I sent a mail to VFS asking them what to do. They asked me to also send a scanned copy of the 797 notice and asked my CEAC bar code number. They said they will send it to the consulate and get back with what the consulate says. When I called the VFS helpline the guy said to check the CEAC bar code number on the consulate site (the pdf for pending VISAs). Waiting since last friday. No response from the VFS yet.

Not exactly sure what has to be done.
          Last edited by bluehat; 03-06-2012, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by swapz View Post
            @Swapz......any updates on your 2nd interview? How was it? Hope it works out for all of us.

Comment

Am planning to attend the interview next week. will keep everyone posted. If anyone has any idea what all specific documents one needs to carry along, is it necessary to carry the rejection letter and 221g green form which was handed to me first time around?

Comment

Got a reply from VFS today -

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per the US Consulate the post will contact you directly when they receive the notification of reaffirmed petition from the USCIS.
                Regards,

Anyone else who has been thru this before? How much time does it take for the re affirmed petition to reach the consulate.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by bluehat View Post
                  Got a reply from VFS today -

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per the US Consulate the post will contact you directly when they receive the notification of reaffirmed petition from the USCIS.
                  Regards,

Anyone else who has been thru this before? How much time does it take for the re affirmed petition to reach the consulate.

Thanks,
                  In which consulate you attended your first interview?

Mine was at Chennai consulate..when I called the consulate they said I can attend the second interview on any Tuesday/ Wednesday/Thursday between 10-12 with all supporting documents. (I dnt have to schedule a new appointment)

Comment

Originally posted by H1Reaffrimation View Post

Mine was at Chennai consulate..when I called the consulate they said I can attend the second interview on any Tuesday/ Wednesday/Thursday between 10-12 with all supporting documents. (I dnt have to schedule a new appointment)
                    Mine was Mubai consulate......which number did u call on? did u call vfs or consulate?

Comment

hey swapz and reaffirmation1

did u guys attend the second nterview?

If yes pls do post ur experiences.

I am still waiting for the consulate to contact me. Looks like the chennai consulate asks u to appear for interview directly whereas the mumbai consulate makes it more frustrating by asking to wait more........demoralized by the entire thing......

Comment

any stamping update

Mine was Mubai consulate......which number did u call on? did u call vfs or consulate?
                        Originally posted by H1Reaffrimation View Post

@H1Reaffirmation: Please update us with your interview details.

@bluehat: please update when you receive email from VFS mumbai. I have attended interview at Mumbai consulate. I know it's been frustrating to wait even after reaffirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by jpatel2211 View Post
                          @H1Reaffirmation: Please update us with your interview details.

@bluehat: please update when you receive email from VFS mumbai. I have attended interview at Mumbai consulate. I know it's been frustrating to wait even after reaffirmation.

Do you also have your petition reaffirmed?

Comment

hey swapz and reaffirmation1

did u guys attend the second nterview?

If yes pls do post ur experiences.

I am still waiting for the consulate to contact me. Looks like the chennai consulate asks u to appear for interview directly whereas the mumbai consulate makes it more frustrating by asking to wait more........demoralized by the entire thing......
                            I have called Chennai consulate and also emailed chennai VFS help desk.

when I called them they said I can attened the interview, also got an email from VFS saying the same.

I am planning to attend the interview in April 1st week.

Comment

Wish you good luck H1Reaffrimation. Please keep us posted with the outcome of your interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X