Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concurrent H1b

Hi,
    I am a final year medical resident on cap exempt H1b and wish to join a job which comes under cap? the lawyer said that i can do concurrent H1b .
    I was told that I can apply for a concurrent H1b wherein the new H1b shall be applied to overlap the last week of residency so that we can still remain cap exempt and start working immediately after residency without having to wait until October 1 and without having to go to home country in between.

I would like to know more about the concurrent H1b process?

Is it a safe approach to pursue ? Can we do premium processing for concurrent H1b?

Would there be any issues with green card processing if we pursue concurrent H1b? Can we apply simultaneously for concurrent H1b and green card?

any info please

Comment

Hi is there any response ? I am in the same situation please do let me know.

Hi,
      I would really appreciate if someone can verify the possibility of concurrent. My fellowship is finishing in December and I have a couple of job offers but since I am on an cap exempt H1b and the employers are cap subject, everything is falling apart and the employers are reluctant now. Does anyone know that concurrent H1b will work if I currently have a cap exempt H1b visa and while employed with this employer the new employer will file my concurrent H1b possibly cap subject.

Comment

I dont think you can have a Cap subject and Cap exempt concurrent H1 B together.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X