No announcement yet.

H1B petition transfer process initiated by 2 different employers simultaneously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B petition transfer process initiated by 2 different employers simultaneously

Hi,

I have a H1B approved petition (approved during the year 2009-2010) thru my ex employer. I havent used that petition till date (hence visa stamping is not done yet) and now plan to get it transferred (i.e. a new cap exempted H1B petition) to a new employer 'A' (thru the receipt number of my petition).
    The paper work has been started, but now i am getting a better option with employer 'B' (and wants to move to him).

So my questions are:
    1. Can I initiate the petition transfer process with employer B (simultaneously while its being processed thru employer A)?
    2. If yes then are there and pros or cons to this approach ?

1. Can I initiate the petition transfer process with employer B (simultaneously while its being processed thru employer A)?
    >>> Yes.

2. If yes then are there and pros or cons to this approach ?
    >>> No. But if you are not interested in working for Company A, then let them know so that they don't spend unnecessary money to file the petition. These days it costs a lot to file a H1B petition.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

So does that mean that parallel processing wont be an issue. Right?

If so then what happens if i get the petition transferred to Emp 'A' and as well to Emp 'B' (and never joins emp 'A') ?

Also, i requested a H1B transfer on the basis of Receipt nos. So after the petition transfer happens do we get a new receipt nos (from US CIS)?
      If yes, then can i continue to use my existing receipt nos for further petition transfer (or do i need to get and hence use the new receipt nos for further/future transfer) ?
      Last edited by akhil_agarwal1; 03-07-2012, 04:46 AM.

Comment

You must continue working for any one employer to maintain your H1 status. The rest is okay. Everything seems appropriate.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi Mr Agarwal ...

Can you please tell me how you got transfer done via receipt number. Please help me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X