Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1BVisaStamping_221g_BlueSheet_Additional Administrative Processing

Hello All

This is Bhuvana, I had an H1B visa interview on 9th-Feb'2012 at Chennai and it was pending. I have received 221g blue sheet which states my application requires "Additional Administrative Processing".

The Officer collected my DS-160 confirmation page, original I-797, I-129 copy, LCA copy, client letter, vendor letter and few paychecks right after visa interview. I have asked the officer again do i need to give any other additional docs other than these and they said no, its not required.

Its been 4weeks now, How long this "Additional Administrative Processing" will take? What is the procedure usually for 221g blue sheet - Additional Administrative Processing. Is there any time window for this process? Do i need to submit any other docs?

I am a consultant, so I have informed my client/vendor and employer about this case. Since i don't know yet the exact time window for this process, just informed my client few weeks will take. Its expensive, still paying US apt rent, utility etc.

Please provide your experience for "221g blue sheet - Additional Administrative Processing" and suggestion, that would be great!!

Thanks in advance
    Bhuvana

221G Blue

Hi Bhuvana,

I am in the same situation,received 221g Blue AAP checked from chennai consulate on 17th Feb.No documents were asked.I got all my petetion documents(I797,LCA,I129) at the time of interview.Only my client letter is taken and DS160 and photo is rounded and asked to be submitted after admin processing is completed if needed also passport.

Is your client contacted during this time period.Can you please share your interview details.

Btw are you in EVC or EC?.Mine is EC.Lets hope for the best.

Comment

221gBlue

Its been 4weeks now, How long this "Additional Administrative Processing" will take? What is the procedure usually for 221g blue sheet - Additional Administrative Processing. Is there any time window for this process? Do i need to submit any other docs?

There is no time lines for Admin Processing.It can take anywhere between 1-2 months.Mostly Admin processing will be verified by VO intially and if something needs to be verified further he send that ot KENTUKY FPU .Once they verify the details they will send back to VO and your visa will be decided by VO according to that verification

I am a consultant, so I have informed my client/vendor and employer about this case. Since i don't know yet the exact time window for this process, just informed my client few weeks will take. Its expensive, still paying US apt rent, utility etc.

Since we cant assume any time line its better to buy in as much as possible,especially job position at client has to be still exisiting at the time of verification.

Please provide your experience for "221g blue sheet - Additional Administrative Processing" and suggestion, that would be great

Comment

Thank you for the message!

Is there any way employer can make this process faster?

Comment

Is there any way employer can make this process faster?

There is nothing your employer can do to expedite process.How ever they can send an enquiry to DOS or yourself can call DOS for status update.But the standard answer will mostly be Still in Admin Process.This is a tough wait for us but no other choice.

Comment

@ All 221g AAP victims

I was also in the same boat when i went to India in oct 2011. Below are dates in every step of my way in clearing AAP

Oct 31 Interview @ Chennai. VO took Passport and Client Letter and Emp Letter to USCIS.
            Nov 7 Received Passport with no stamping and 221 g Blue AAP letter.
            Dec 1 USCIS contacted client side manager with some questionnaire.
            Jan 10 Received 221 g Green form to submit passport and DS 160
            Jan 18 Received ppt with stamping.
            Jan 31 back in US.

So do no need to get panic if everything is fine VO will approve the visa. Just be confident and enjoy your holidays. I know its tough to enjoy while visa is under processing but give it a try.
            Wish U All Gud Luck

Comment

Hi Kumar,

Thanks so much for the info.I have few more questions I whould like to ask you.Do you mind if I can ask your contact details?

Comment

Sure,

Send me your questions to [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Kumar!

US consulate officer collected all my papers like (I-797 original, I-129 copy, LCA copy, Client letter, Vendor letter, Payslips, W2) they didn't collect my passport at that time. They gave me back my passport, HDFC receipt.

Do I need to submit my passport or they will only contact me to send passport? let me know!

It has been 5weeks compeleted after my visa interview.

Thanks in advance
                  Bhuvana

Comment

@Bhuvana

I dont think it makes much difference of officer taking the passport or not.In my case all my petetion documents were returned at the end of interview including passport.If the officer thinks processing takes time he will return it and will send another slip to send the passport.
                    Did you try to contact the consulate during this time?

BTW my employers attorney emailed consulate and got the below reply earlier I used to get mandatory admin processing .Any idea what this could mean?

"As per the US Consulate, your case is currently on hold under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) pending the officer’s review. Section 221(g) of the INA prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established. " .

@Kumar if in case the VO decides to send my case to USCIS does he needs all the petetion documents.Mine is a fresh H1B.I heard that VO usually have in his system for 3 months if its fresh petetion.Please do let me know.

Comment

@Bhuvana

Any Updates on your case?

Comment

Bhuvana,

Did you get any updates on your case?.Please do let me know.

Thanks and appreciate

Comment

Guys,

The only way to get the clear update is to check with your client manager if USCIS contacted them or not in any means either by phone or email? Sending emails to VFS or calling DOS will be of no use. Be patient.

Comment

Hi Kumar,

Thanks much for the reply. I have been in touch with my manager(Working remotely with my client) and till now neither my employer or my manager was contacted.its be2.5 months and it is so frustrating to wait longer. Every time I contact vfs in email I get the following reply.Any idea what this indicate?

"This is to inform you that if your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. Consulate will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.
                            "

Comment

Thats good working for client remotely atleast so that they can support you when USCIS contacts them. Also no need to contact VFS they will email or call you if they have any update. In my case i was supposed to get a call from VFS on Dec 24 2011 because it was just lying in their office but they called me on Jan 10 to collect my documents from VFS. During this period i emailed them many times and was getting the same automated emails from them though they have my packet with them. VFS is bad in handling this. You just have to wait for them to call you. Good Luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X