Can my LLC sponsor H1-B Visa for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my LLC sponsor H1-B Visa for me?

I have setup my LLC with my US Citizen. We are three member; me, my brother and my US partner. I have almost 50 % of shares. Me and my brother are operating this LLC from foreign country and we have never been to USA. Is it possible If i can get the H1 Visa sponsored from my own LLC ?

No. If this is allowed, then anyone can start a small startup company and sponsor their own work petitions to enter U.S.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      No. If this is allowed, then anyone can start a small startup company and sponsor their own work petitions to enter U.S.
      Do you think it is quite easy for everyone to start a new business and generate handsome income from the dead US economy ?

Comment

The question was about starting a company to get the H1B sponsorship and not about generating income. If there is an option to get H1B sponsored by starting a company, then almost everyone will be doing it. If you research on how much it would take to start a small startup consulting company, you will figure out it is not a big deal.

Well, the point is, you cannot sponsor your own H1B.

Originally posted by fawad123 View Post
        Do you think it is quite easy for everyone to start a new business and generate handsome income from the dead US economy ?

Comment

We have 5 employees in overseas country, 2 partner in overseas and 1 US partner. Is it possible if my US partner can send petition to USCIS for me to get H1-b VISA ? Please note that this is not a consulting company but its an online shopping cart providing academic solutions.

Comment

You still don't seem to get the point. When you start a LLC (irrespective of the nature of the business) with a partner (a U.S Ciztizen or GC holder) you can only be a passive investor in U.S (That is when you don't have a GC or U.S citizenship). You cannot activily work and take part in day to day operations of the business by entering U.S in H1B. What you do outside U.S for this company is not an issue as it doesn't come under U.S immigration laws. I suggest you consult a good immigration attorney who has knowledge in U.S immigration laws. Also, there are several similar posts in immihelp answered by other members. Search and and read them when you get a chance.

Comment

Yes, you are right I need to consult immigration lawyer for this issue.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X