Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls suggest me

Hi everyone,

I attended H4 interview on march 13 th 2012 at Hyderabad .VO asked me very formal questions.Then he asked for my husband's W2 forms, I had only 2011 w2 with me, since my husband was out of US in 2009 and 2010 due to some personal reasons. My husband did his masters in US and is on H1b since 2004.so VO asked about this, and told me that 2011 w2 shows low income and so he issued me a white form under 221g indicating to submit w2's and federal tax returns for the years 2004- 2011.so plz anyone suggest regarding this.

They returned back my passport.wat does that indicate?

Comment

It indicates that your case is under 221g admin processing. If your husband didn't maintain his H1B status by working and getting paid as per the approved LCA, then it could be a problem. The W2 should match the approved LCA for his entire duration of stay in U.S in H1B status. Submit all the documents requested in your 221g form.

If the admin process is successful, then they will ask you to handover the passport for stamping.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks shervin123

They just asked me to submit federal tax returns and w2's from the date his h1b started .he recently went to US in August 2011 and started working, so his w2 shows low income, I think, .so is there a way that we can overcome this.my husband said he would talk to his company attorney and then submit the documents.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        It indicates that your case is under 221g admin processing. If your husband didn't maintain his H1B status by working and getting paid as per the approved LCA, then it could be a problem. The W2 should match the approved LCA for his entire duration of stay in U.S in H1B status. Submit all the documents requested in your 221g form.

If the admin process is successful, then they will ask you to handover the passport for stamping.

Comment

[QUOTE=Geetch;264272]Thanks shervin123

If we submit all w2's from the date his h1b started, do we need to submit earlier h1b petitions too?

Comment

His H1B starts only from the date he is in U.S in H1B status and not from the date on which the petition is approved. If your husband is getting paid correctly as per the LCA from day 1 in U.S in H1B status, then no issues. Provide the documents that you have with a cover letter mentioning arrival date in U.S and attacyh payslips and W2. A letter from the company attorney will help. As long as he was not out of status on H1B there is no issue here.

Originally posted by Geetch View Post
            Thanks shervin123

They just asked me to submit federal tax returns and w2's from the date his h1b started .he recently went to US in August 2011 and started working, so his w2 shows low income, I think, .so is there a way that we can overcome this.my husband said he would talk to his company attorney and then submit the documents.

Comment

Submit only the documents requested in your 221g form.

Thanks shervin123

If we submit all w2's from the date his h1b started, do we need to submit earlier h1b petitions too?

Comment

Does getting 221g white form, a complex issue because I read somewhere that 221g white form is complex issue when compared to other forms, sometimes the documents may be sent to USCIS for verification.Is that or react?

Comment

Stop reading too many things. No one 221g form is better than the other. Relax and wait for the admin process to complete. The petition will be sent back to USCIS only if you don't provide the documents listed in 221g or if they are not satisfied with the documents provided to complete the admin process.

Does getting 221g white form, a complex issue because I read somewhere that 221g white form is complex issue when compared to other forms, sometimes the documents may be sent to USCIS for verification.Is that or react?
                  Last edited by shervin143; 03-14-2012, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification shervin

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                    Stop reading too manything. No one 221g form is beter than the other. Relax and wait for the admin process to complete. The petition will be sent back to USCIS only if you don't provide the documents listed in 221g or if they are not satisfied with the documents provided to complete the admin process.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X