Marriage certificate for H4 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage certificate for H4 visa

I solicit your guidance to the following case.
    I am in US, my would be wife is in India. I visited India in Dec,2011. I am currently on H1B and my visa is stamped.

I had visited local marriage registrar's office along with my would be wife in dec, 2011. He explained that I need to sign intention of my marrying on a specific form along with my wud be wife. My marriage is in June 2012 and the validity of intention as per local act in India is 3 months. At least 1 month before marriage the intent has to be signed. I am currently in the US and my would be wife is in India.

If form is sent to me by mail from India and I sign and send it back and my would be wife also signs we have officially declared our intent. The registrar will then provide the certificate after the offical marriage registration has taken place in June.

My question is When my wife goes for H4 visa interview will the visa officer ask questions about the intention of marriage?
    Or Is the visa offcier only interested in the final marriage certificate?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Best rgds,
    Shantanu.

I believe just marriage certificate!! But they ask more about your current and previous employment...

Comment

They are only interested in the marriage certificate.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

It will be more about how you two met, how was the wedding ceremony etc.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X