Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• employer name change for fresh h1b, need to travel

Hi,
    I got my visa stamped last year. I did not go to US yet. Now the company changed its name. I am asked to travel to US.
    Let me know if I need to get visa transferred to new company name or new LCA is enough?
    Thanks in advance,
    maddali

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

There is no need to file an H1B amendment if you meet the follwoing criteria. In such case, all that you need is a copy of the legal name change documents from the company attorney and a letter from the company saying that the change is only in the name.

1) It was just a company name change and the company did not issue you a new offer letter and your employment terms and conditions have not changed.
      2) There is no change in your roles & responsibilities (that were mentioned while filing you H1B petition)
      3) There is no material change (See link) https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-petition-amendment/
      4) Your job location (mentioned while filing for I-129) remains the same.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed reply. It is really helpful.

1) The company filed an LCA with location change and client location. They gave me new offer letter for the same. Earlier it was for in house project, now the new LCA will be based on client location. Does that mean we need h1 amendment?

2) After travelling to US, is it better to get h1 amendment?

Thanks,
        Maddali.

Comment

1) The company filed an LCA with location change and client location. They gave me new offer letter for the same. Earlier it was for in house project, now the new LCA will be based on client location. Does that mean we need h1 amendment?
          >>> Yes.

2) After travelling to US, is it better to get h1 amendment?
          >>> You need to get the amendment done before your travel.

Comment

Thanks shervin143 for your help.
            I am going for LCA change and h1 amendment.
            Should I go for stamping again after that?

Thanks,
            -Maddali.

Comment

Not required to get the visa stamped again. You can use the existing valid H1B visa with the amended H1B petition to travel.

Originally posted by maddali View Post
              Should I go for stamping again after that?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X