Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India, On H1B, Requires stamping

Hello,

I got H1B approved on December 16th,2011 and started working from Feb 1st, 2012. Planning to go to India in June. I need H1b stamping to come back.Looking at the stamping hassles nowadays i would like to know if it is better to go for stamping or comeback on H4 and apply for COS with the current client project. Also, if i go for stamping and gets held up there, while that is in process can i still comeback on H4 and apply for COS? Please let me know which is a better option.

Thanks,
    Jaya

I got H1B approved on December 16th,2011 and started working from Feb 1st, 2012. Planning to go to India in June. I need H1b stamping to come back.Looking at the stamping hassles nowadays i would like to know if it is better to go for stamping or comeback on H4 and apply for COS with the current client project.
    >>> Well, both are valid options and you decide what works for you. If your enter in H4, you will not be able to work until the COS to H4 gets approved.

Also, if i go for stamping and gets held up there, while that is in process can i still comeback on H4 and apply for COS?
    >>> Possible if your H4 visa is not cancelled when you apply for H1B. If H4 visa is cancelled and if you want to re-enter in H4, you will have to apply for H4 visa again.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X