X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B in Riyadh

Hey ppl

Heres my problem

I am an Indian Citizen, born and raised in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. I have been offered a residency position in NY and the hospital is sponsoring an H1 Visa
    My questions are
    1. Is it advisable to go to riyadh for the h1b or india
    2. my wife is here in jeddah with me on a visit visa. can she get her h4 from riyadh itself

Thank you for taking the time to help me out

Cheers

>>> It is advisable to apply at the U.S consulate that is close to the place where you live. If this is your first time H1B, then apply at the place where you did your studies.

2. my wife is here in jeddah with me on a visit visa. can she get her h4 from riyadh itself
    >>> Yes. You both can attend the visa interview together in a single slot.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> It is advisable to apply at the U.S consulate that is close to the place where you live. If this is your first time H1B, then apply at the place where you did your studies.

>>> Yes. You both can attend the visa interview together in a single slot.
      @shervin143

Thanx for the utlra quick reply
      I did my studies in russia and it wont be possible to go back there for the iv .. the only options i have are riyadh or india .
      I am worried that it might not be processed in time and i might lose my residency position
      Has that ever happened ?? H1b Denial or not processed in time to reach for beginning on residency ??

Thanx for taking the time to help me out

Comment

In that case, it is advisable to attend the visa interview @ the place where you currently live. Just in case of an admin processing, you can continue with you day to day activities rather than going to India and getting stuck there.

Originally posted by mehulil View Post
        @shervin143

Thanx for the utlra quick reply
        I did my studies in russia and it wont be possible to go back there for the iv .. the only options i have are riyadh or india .
        I am worried that it might not be processed in time and i might lose my residency position
        Has that ever happened ?? H1b Denial or not processed in time to reach for beginning on residency ??

Thanx for taking the time to help me out

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          In that case, it is advisable to attend the visa interview @ the place where you currently live. Just in case of an admin processing, you can continue with you day to day activities rather than going to India and getting stuck there.
          hey thnx for the replies
          I am just a bit tensed coz i need to be there before 18th of june. ne idea abt wat wud make then want to do an admin processing ? i already have a 5 yr ME b1 stamped in 2010 .. does that make the process easier ??

Cheers

Comment

Admin processing is done for a lot of reason. If you have a common muslim name, they might take time to verify before they issue you the visa. Few other reasons could be TAL, Employer verification, your qualification verification and many more. I am not saying that you are going to get a 221g. I am just saying that you need to be prepared if you get one. Search and read the posts on 221g / admin processing.

hey thnx for the replies
            I am just a bit tensed coz i need to be there before 18th of june. ne idea abt wat wud make then want to do an admin processing ? i already have a 5 yr ME b1 stamped in 2010 .. does that make the process easier ??

Cheers

Comment

Hey

After much deliberation I am thinking it will be better if I apply for the H1 from Mumbai ... since Home Country and all that

But that raises the question of ties to home country .. since i was born and brought up in saudi arabia and my parents are also there .... will this be a possible issue ??

Thnx

Comment

Only B1/B2 visas requires proof of ties with the home country. It is not the case for H1B/L1 and the corresponding dependent visas.

Hey

After much deliberation I am thinking it will be better if I apply for the H1 from Mumbai ... since Home Country and all that

But that raises the question of ties to home country .. since i was born and brought up in saudi arabia and my parents are also there .... will this be a possible issue ??

Thnx

Comment

@shervin
                  Thank you so much for helping me out. You have put my mind at ease. Was really tensed.
                  Thank u and God Bless

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X