Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B petition transfer using receipt nos

Hi,
    I have a approved H1B petition (stamping didn happen, hence never used) from my ex employer 'Emp A'. Now i am planning to get it transfered to 'Emp B' (while i am in my home country).
    I came to know (thru immihelp ) that the transfer can be done on the basis of the receipt nos (as i have the receipt nos only and not the approval notice).
    But when i approach the attorney of the new 'Emp B' (in order to facilitate the transfer) he says that the H1B transfer cant be done based upon the receipt nos (as per his knowledge).

Can you help me out if the transfer can actually be done ? If yes, then are there any key points which you think I can highlight to the attorney (to make him understand how it can be done).
    Also can you refer some other good attroney who can help me out with this process.

Well technically, all USCIS needs is the receipt number and a good attorney can manage with that. You can consult your own experienced immigration attorney and have them talk to B's attorney on how this can be done.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi Kabkaba... actually I don't know a good immigration lawyer in my vicinity (as i haven't been involved in the petition work directly). So that why i was asking for a reference.
      Moreover my Emp B says that as per their attorney transfer is not possible. They are saying that if i know any attorney who has dealt these kind of scenarios then they (emp B) will refer them.
      Last edited by akhil_agarwal1; 03-19-2012, 09:40 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X