Travel to Italy without H1 visa stamp, but with valid I797

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to Italy without H1 visa stamp, but with valid I797

My status will change in the US from J1 to H1-B. I will be receiving an I797. I want to travel to Italy for vacation for 10 days.

Do I need to have a valid H1-B visa stamp? Or I can travel with my I797 document.

If I need it, can I get that done in Italy? Or I need to go back to my home country.

Thank you very much!

Do I need to have a valid H1-B visa stamp? Or I can travel with my I797 document.
    >>> If you want to return back in H1B status and keep working for the H1B sponsor, then you need a valid H1B visa stamped in your passport to return back.

If I need it, can I get that done in Italy? Or I need to go back to my home country.
    >>> Is this your first time H1B stamping? If yes, then you should get it done from your home country. You can try in Italy. If it gets denied saying that first time stamping cannot be done there, then you may have to go back to your home country to get the stamping done. Also, if this is your first time H1B stamping, then the chances of getting a 221g for additional admin process (to validate your transcripts) is high in a U.S consulate from a third nation.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for the answer!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X