Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is H1B visa cancellation possible

Hi,

I had an offer from company ABC, who filed a petition for me, and got my H1B visa stamped. However they never asked me to join. I have a valid H1B visa but it bears the name of the company.
    Meanwhile the company XYZ where I am working currently, offered me a job in US which I accepted.
    Now company ABC revoked the H1B petition, and informed me that my visa is cancelled. Is it really cancelled or invalid ?

If company XYZ files another H1B petition, can I not use the same visa to get into the US and work for company XYZ.

Also do I have to wait till 1st October if I apply for a new H1B visa?

Thanks,
    Vicky

Originally posted by vicky186 View Post
    Hi,

I had an offer from company ABC, who filed a petition for me, and got my H1B visa stamped. However they never asked me to join. I have a valid H1B visa but it bears the name of the company.
    Meanwhile the company XYZ where I am working currently, offered me a job in US which I accepted.
    Now company ABC revoked the H1B petition, and informed me that my visa is cancelled. Is it really cancelled or invalid ?

Petition is revoked, Visa is not canceled.

If company XYZ files another H1B petition, can I not use the same visa to get into the US and work for company XYZ.

Yes, current Visa (before it expires) and new petition.

Also do I have to wait till 1st October if I apply for a new H1B visa?

No, XYZ can file a cap-exempt petition.

Thanks,
    Vicky
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X