H1B Visa- Section 221(g) administrative process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa- Section 221(g) administrative process

Hi, I had my visa interview on 16th march in Mumbai Consulate, But consulate provided me yellow form and put it pending under Section 221(g) administrative process.
    They returned my passport and asked to check the website only for status.

I have below qus:
    1. Any idea this process will take how much time?
    2. Possible reasons ( I think it might be my previous H1b visa from last employer and it got CWP)?
    3. By any mean i can get the reason or any info about my visa status?

Thanks

1. Any idea this process will take how much time?
    >>> No one can predict. They are case by case basis. Search and read the experiences posted by other in the posts realted to 221g / admin process.

2. Possible reasons ( I think it might be my previous H1b visa from last employer and it got CWP)?
    >>> Again. No one can predict the reason. It can be for anything. Employer verification, TAL, Your back ground check, anything.

3. By any mean i can get the reason or any info about my visa status?
    >>> You cannot get the reaon for 221g. You can get the status update by talking to VFS and getting a tracking number to track your case online.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot!!
      Actually i am surprised because i had H1b from my last employer and for H1b visas they perform very good background check. So not able to find any reason and my travel is too imp.

Comment

Just because they have done admin processing before, it doesn't mean that they won't do it again for the same candidate. Example, if you have a common muslim name, irrespective of how many times you go for the stamping, they will go for admin processing every time. Also, admin processing is not always to check the candidates background. It is also done to sometimes to verify the employer and see if they are capable of providing qualified employment as per H1B regulations.

Originally posted by yashgoley View Post
        Thanks a lot!!
        Actually i am surprised because i had H1b from my last employer and for H1b visas they perform very good background check. So not able to find any reason and my travel is too imp.

Comment

Also, In any case do they keep passport with them or always return to the applicant. Bacause they returned my passport and also didn't provide the VFS passport envelop..

Comment

and What Yellow Form from Mumbai Consulate specifically indicates?

Comment

Sometimes they keep the passport and sometimes they will return it back to the candidate. It doesn't make any difference. If the visa is approved, they will ask you to submit the passport and you can get the enevlop from VFS at that time.

Also, In any case do they keep passport with them or always return to the applicant. Bacause they returned my passport and also didn't provide the VFS passport envelop..

Comment

and What Yellow Form from Mumbai Consulate specifically indicates?

Comment

Hi !! On the U.S. Consulate Mumbai
                  site i can see that cases are pending from dec and jan also............

In any case you have seen that earliest response from consulate and Can they also reject/refuse the visa.

Comment

In any case can my visa get cancelled also?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X