H1B 221G SOW Expires in 31 March,2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 221G SOW Expires in 31 March,2012

I got 221-G from mumbai consulate asking for all petition documents along with the SOW and client letter. My queries are:

1. Client is ready to give the letter, But signed SOW is valid upto only 31 March,2012 and we have extension request document which is valid upto 31 May,2012 but which is not signed by client.
    Can I submit SOW and extension document which is not signed?

2. Do I have to specify that SOW is expiring in client letter. How can I explain these things in client letter?

Was SOW requested in your 221g. If yes, then you need a valid SOW with the client's signature. The SOW is not valid until signed by the client. If the SOW isnot requested, then submit only the client letter. It may work.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

1.Yes SOW is requested. I am thinking of not submitting the Project extension document which is not signed by client. Is it ok?

2.If client specifies in letter that "My services are required till 31 May,2012 for this project" and also client will specify Project end date as 31 May,2012 (with possibility of extension) in the letter.
      Will these things work?

Comment

1.Yes SOW is requested. I am thinking of not submitting the Project extension document which is not signed by client. Is it ok?
        >>> You can try without the SOW with just the client letter. It is hard to predict whether it may or may not work. If SOW is requested, then just the lcient letter is good enough. Since they have mentioned that in the 221g, they might probably want to look at the SOW.

2.If client specifies in letter that "My services are required till 31 May,2012 for this project" and also client will specify Project end date as 31 May,2012 (with possibility of extension) in the letter.
        Will these things work?
        >>> It can work. You may get the visa only till the end date specified in the client letter.

Comment

Thanks Shervin,

1. Should I specify "My services are required till 31 May" in client letter or I should avoid this as It will create doubt in VO's mind.

2. I have another option of submitting another project SOW which is valid till end of Dec and letter from engagement manager but not the client letter. Which will be the better option as client letter is missing in this option?

3. Is it necessary to submit same SOW for 221G which was used for approval of petition?

Comment

1. Should I specify "My services are required till 31 May" in client letter or I should avoid this as It will create doubt in VO's mind.
            >>> May 31st is just couple of months away. Advisable to avoid the specific end date and mention that the project is extendable.

2. I have another option of submitting another project SOW which is valid till end of Dec and letter from engagement manager but not the client letter. Which will be the better option as client letter is missing in this option?
            >>> Well, a letter from your employer stating that, you will be working on that prokect asfter the current engagement completes can work.

3. Is it necessary to submit same SOW for 221G which was used for approval of petition?
            >>> No. But if the work locations is different from the one in your I-129, then an H1B amendment is required. SOW need to match the work location in your form I-129.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X