Change employer while H1B transfer in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change employer while H1B transfer in progress

Is it possible to change the employer while H1B transfer is still in progress with the current employer? If yes, what will be the implications of this and how will it harm when filing for GC?

Have you started working for the new employer based on the receipt notice or you waiting for the approval to join the new employer?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I have joined my current employer on receipt notice. Receipt notice is dated Mar 2, 2012. I got another offer from another employer and would like to join them.
      Last edited by gssaini; 03-24-2012, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Well, in that case, your petition need to be filed as a bridging petition based on the pending H1B transfer for the employer that you are currently working. If the current transfer gets denied or if the current petition gets withdrawn, then the bridge will break and so the new transfer that is based on the pending transfer will either get denied or approved without a new I-94. Search and read about the posts on bridging. It is advisable to initiate the new transfer after the current petition for the employer who you are working for gets approved.

Originally posted by gssaini View Post
        I have joined my current employer on receipt notice. Receipt notice is dated Mar 2, 2012. I got another offer from another employer and would like to join them.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          Have you started working for the new employer based on the receipt notice or you waiting for the approval to join the new employer?

I am also having the same case but, I didn't started working with employer A.

Company A is applied for H1B transfer and got Receipt number but, not yet started working with Company A, mean while got another good offer from Company B and they are ready to apply for H1B Transfer.

Please suggest me if Company B can apply for H1B transfer?

Regards,
          Hemanth

Comment

Do you currently have a valid I-94 associated to your current employer's petition and are you currently work for the employer and getting paid as per the approved LCA?

Originally posted by hemanth123 View Post
            I am also having the same case but, I didn't started working with employer A.

Company A is applied for H1B transfer and got Receipt number but, not yet started working with Company A, mean while got another good offer from Company B and they are ready to apply for H1B Transfer.

Please suggest me if Company B can apply for H1B transfer?

Regards,
            Hemanth

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X