Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel to Alaska during I-94 extension period?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel to Alaska during I-94 extension period?

Hi All

My h1B visa expired on 15th March 2012. I applied for I-94 extension and it got approved from USCIS and I received a new petition and new I-94 till 16th March 2015. But the visa stamp on my passport shows expired date of 15th March 2012.

I am planning to go for a Alaska trip (direct flight from Missouri to Anchorage and back) in July. I want to know whether I can travel to Alaska during the extension period, as Alaska is a state not in mainland USA. Also, do I need to surrender my I-94 at the airport while leaving for Alaska? Is there any customs/ immigration check while travelling to Alaska?

Also, do I require to carry any special documents apart from the passport, new petition and new I-94?

Thanks
    Anamika

No, as long as you don't visit any other country in between, travel to any US state (Alaska, Hawaii) or territory (Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands etc.) does not require a Visa and is not considered international travel.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Can i travel to Alaska within I-94 extension period?

Ok. Thanks for the reply.

One more question - in case my flight makes an emergency layover in any Canadian airport, and I need to wait at the airport, then will it be considered as being travelled out of USA? Will I need to through immigration check for re-entering?

Thanks
      Anamika

Comment

Possibly, but you still don't need a Visa. Keep your passport and approval notice with you.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X