Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I convert from F1 to H1B if I have used 6 years on previous H1B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I convert from F1 to H1B if I have used 6 years on previous H1B?

Hi everyone,

I am currently in the 5th year of my H1B visa and my plan is to pursue an MBA either in the US or abroad. All this depends on a lot of things. My question relates to doing an MBA specifically in the US and then working on an H1B again.

If my MBA starts in August 2013, it would mean that by then, I would have almost completed my 6 years on H1B assuming I work until that time. Would I be allowed to apply for jobs in the US again after completing my 2 year MBA course? How would it work?

Thanks in advance!

It doesn't work that way. You have to spend 1 year outside U.S to get a fresh 6 year period in H1B.

Originally posted by paqfan View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am currently in the 5th year of my H1B visa and my plan is to pursue an MBA either in the US or abroad. All this depends on a lot of things. My question relates to doing an MBA specifically in the US and then working on an H1B again.

If my MBA starts in August 2013, it would mean that by then, I would have almost completed my 6 years on H1B assuming I work until that time. Would I be allowed to apply for jobs in the US again after completing my 2 year MBA course? How would it work?

Thanks in advance!
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X