Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 POE questions?

Hi All,

Recently I got my H4 stamped in March. I'm planning to go to US in the month of April' 12.

Could anyone please let me know the docs that I should be carrying at port of entry.
    There is a link in this site which tells about documents required but I'm not able to understand it properly.

Regards
    KSR

H4 / L2 POE Checklist

1) Valid Passport (It is advisable to travel on a passport that is valid for more than 1 year)
    2) Valid H4 or L2 Visa
    3) Original Approval notice (I-797) of the primary H1B / L1 holder and a copy of the petition (I-129)
    4) Employment Verification Letter
    5) Client Letter (If the primary H1B / L1 holder work's at the client place)
    6) Few latest pay slips of the primary H1B / L1 holder from the U.S employer.
    7) Address where you will stay including the phone number to reach you.
    8) If you are the spouse of the H1B / L1 holder, then you need to carry the original marriage certificate.
    9) If you are the son/daughter ofthe H1B / L1 holder, then you need to carry the original birth certificate.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Which consulate did you have the interview in India? Can you please let me know what questions they asked?

Comment

Hi shervin143,

Thanks for the quick reply. Just want to ask couple of questions.

1) Original I797 is with my wife who is US. Will a copy of I797 works or else is there any other way?.

2) How about I-94. Is this a seperate document given to H1B holders or just a stamp on H1B holder's passport. Is this document required at POE?.

Please clarify.

Hi aTesting,
        Please see the below link for the questions I faced during the interview.

Regards,
        KSR

Comment

1) Original I797 is with my wife who is US. Will a copy of I797 works or else is there any other way?.
          >>> It is advisable to carry the original approval notice of the primary H1B holder. Copy of the approval notice can work. But it is better not to take any chance.

2) How about I-94. Is this a seperate document given to H1B holders or just a stamp on H1B holder's passport. Is this document required at POE?.
          >>> I-94 will be given to everyone who clears U.S immigration and enters U.S. It will determine until when you can legally stay in U.S. It is not require to carry the H1B holder's I-94 when you enter U.S. Only the documents that I have mentioned in my previous reply is required.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H4

Hi Ksr0810,

Thanks for the link

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X