Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• while H1B extension in progress, can H4 dependents travel and join me

Hello,

I have my H1B validity till 8 May 2012. My dependents too are having H4 VISA till 8 May 2012. Now my H1B extension is in progress. Now can my family travel from my home country and join me. Will there be any hurdle at port of entry ?.

with regards
    Thyagaraja R

They can. But they will get an I-94 only till your current petition expiry date (May 8th) and you have to immediately file their extension and wait to see if it gets approved or not. The best option is to ask them to travel after your H1B petition gets extended. That way, by showing your new approval notice at the POE, they will get an I-94 matching your extended petition and there is no need to file their extensions.

Originally posted by thyagarajar View Post
    Hello,

I have my H1B validity till 8 May 2012. My dependents too are having H4 VISA till 8 May 2012. Now my H1B extension is in progress. Now can my family travel from my home country and join me. Will there be any hurdle at port of entry ?.

with regards
    Thyagaraja R
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

when you say approval notice, Does that mean approval email communication from USCIS or all the complete appoval documents ?. This is because in the former case, maximum it would take 15 days under premium processing.

Comment

Approval Notice => Original I-797A or I-797B of the primary H1B holder. In your case, the extended I-797.

Originally posted by thyagarajar View Post
        Thanks for the information.

when you say approval notice, Does that mean approval email communication from USCIS or all the complete appoval documents ?. This is because in the former case, maximum it would take 15 days under premium processing.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X