Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your comments: H1B Filing, If I work on B1

Hi,

I am working as a mobile application developer, I have valid B1 visa. I have received offer from USA based India company.

They said " Company will sponsor H1B visa for me, H1B petition will be filed on 1st-april-2012 by company .But I have to work in USA with B1 visa from June 1st to September end (4 months), Once my H1B stamping done I will continue work in USA with H1B"

Can I work on B1 visa four months, will it be any impact on my H1B approval/stamping?
    Do I need to come back for attending H1B stamping interview (or) can I continue work with H1B approval?
    Are there any other consequences in this offer?

Please give me your comments as early as possible.

Thanks
    Suresh

I am working as a mobile application developer, I have valid B1 visa. I have received offer from USA based India company.

They said " Company will sponsor H1B visa for me, H1B petition will be filed on 1st-april-2012 by company .But I have to work in USA with B1 visa from June 1st to September end (4 months), Once my H1B stamping done I will continue work in USA with H1B"
    >>> This is purely illegal. B1 is not ment for working. Search and readthe regulations on B1 visa.

Can I work on B1 visa four months, will it be any impact on my H1B approval/stamping?
    >>> No. Read the above answer.

Do I need to come back for attending H1B stamping interview (or) can I continue work with H1B approval?
    >>> If the H1B approval comes with a new I-94 (COS), the you can continue to work. Otherwise, you should leave U.S, get the H1B visa stamped and re-enter U.S in H1B visa. It is never advisable to file a COS from B1 to H1B when you are in U.S. You will end up having to answer a lot of questions when you attend the visa interview next time. The best option is to file the H1B for consular process. When it gets approved, get the H1B stamped and return back.

Are there any other consequences in this offer?
    >>> Read the above answers. It is because of companies like these who give a damn about the visa regulations, the consulates have been very strict these days before issuing visas.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X