Joining an indirect vendor for sake of GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining an indirect vendor for sake of GC

I am employed with a direct vendor and working for a renowned client on H1b since 4 yrs. Now with just 1 yr left in my H1b term, and my employer(direct vendor) not sponsoring the GC because of its company policy, can I move to my employers vendors and they start my GC with me continueing on same client. Is that something possible and legal?

Possible and there is nothing illegal about it (From USCIS & Immigration stand point). However, if you have signed any contracts with your current employer about moving to a different employer and working for the same client, then that is something that you eed to take care off. If you have signed any documents with the current employer, then consult a good attorney before you take a new job to work for the same client.

Originally posted by jinneebhat View Post
    I am employed with a direct vendor and working for a renowned client on H1b since 4 yrs. Now with just 1 yr left in my H1b term, and my employer(direct vendor) not sponsoring the GC because of its company policy, can I move to my employers vendors and they start my GC with me continueing on same client. Is that something possible and legal?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X