Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Proof of Residence: Apply for Visa from a different state

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Proof of Residence: Apply for Visa from a different state


    I wish to apply for an H4 visa. My permanent state of residence is Maharashtra (Mumbai). My passport has the same address. However, I have been in Delhi for the past 6 months on an official project. For convenience sake, I would like to interview for the Visa from Delhi consulate. However, it would be difficult to produce a rent agreement for my 6 month stay in Delhi, because I was put up in a guest house for a few months, after which I stayed at a friend's place for a month, and now I have been staying in a rented accommodation for the past 2 months (so I have a rent agreement only for the last two months)

    However, I can get a letter from my office stating that I have been residing in Delhi for the past 6 months.

    Will this proof be enough for me to legitimately interview in the Delhi Consulate? If not, what more documents do you suggest I provide?

  • #2
    Nowadays, you are allowed to attend the visa interview at any U.S consulate in India irrespective of your place of residence. This should not be an issue.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.