Admin processing delay - more than 3 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin processing delay - more than 3 months

i was issued a pink slip (with no further documents reqd). My case went for admin processing. It has been more than 3 months, but i have not received my passport back from embassy. I emailed vfs and got the following response-

As per the US Embassy application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time period for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that they will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

When i check the case status online, the website does not recognize my case number.
    Does anyone know, what is the max time it may take?
    Last edited by admindelay; 03-29-2012, 03:04 AM.

No one can predict the response time for a 221g. Each case is different and so the time that takes will be different from one case to another. Search and read the posts on 221g / admin processing.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Has anyone faced delays more than 4-6 months?

Comment

I am waiting since last 4 months.

Comment

Long wait

I am also waiting since past four months. Why they do it no body knows. A delay like this kills somebody's mental peace. If they wish to reject any case it should be done immediately. This kind of drag in waiting no good.

Comment

Hi,

I was same problem, VO asked me to submit the LCA which were not proper,then i submitted the LCA in drop box along with passport after one month i called VFS about update,they said my case is under mandatory admin process, I called DOS and VFS ,sent emails to VFS but getting same response case in admin process,i waited almost more than 3 months and atlast they issued H1-B visa now iam back in USA.

As all said be patient but that will not happen i too face full tense, hope everyone gets clear their query and tension relief, man it is horrible for me.

Comment

Did any of you get your visas? I've been waiting for 7 months now

Comment

waiting from 5months after passport submission to VFS

Hi,
                My case is different. (H4 visa, got 221g for name correction)
                Interview date: July, 2011
                Passport submission: Oct 2011

Till now, I did not get my passport back. Whenever I call VFS, they said it is in admin processing.
                Is anyone in the same case?
                or anyone after waiting for such a long time, got the visa????

Comment

Write to senator

I am waiting for last 4 months.
                  I suggest we all write to senators of respective states in US, stating the reason why admin processing should be expedited. reasoning out, how the delay is a loss to the company with which you are working and how it is a personal loss to you.

Comment

My employer is in NJ. Does someone know any senator which can be contacted for this particular query?

Comment

h1-b pending mandatory admin processing - Cairo embassy

I had my interview December 11th 2012 .... they kept our passports.
                      the case doesnt indicate anything online (get the error message as if it doesnt exist)
                      i had a previous h1-b with another employer.
                      Current employer/documents are solid so why the delay?

frustrating nightmare ...with my rent going on... my daughter missing school .... and the uncertainty .... i hate this ............

if any of you knows and cases that gets approved fast ...tell us ....we are all frustrated here

Comment

H4 ADMIN processing

My Wife went for her H4 at Delhi consulate ..they kept her passport and documets stating that "your caserequired additional investigation" but they didnt issue any slip.

Intervie date was 04-Jan-2013.

can any one help on this case ??

Comment

H4 221g

My Wife also had her Visa Interview on 4th Oct 2012. Issued white slip and VO said need some additional Administrative processing. Submitted documents on 11th Oct 2012, 3 months are going to over and the status still showing Administrative Processing. There is no help from Customer Representative and from Consulate too. They recently update the website to check the status to

Best shot is to emailed Support from your account, they are pretty fast in replying emails inquiry. Don't know how long will it take, this wait time is very frustrating. Just waiting for the email from Consulate.

anyone has any insight please let me know.
                          # 612 656 9101
                          text & call

Comment

arfazy

I attended h1 b on nov 1 2012
                            Very few questions and nothing complicated but I was give a pink slip and no documents asked.
                            It's now 70 days and the case is still under processing . I am not sure how many days it will take again. Maybe I have a common Muslim name for that reason it is getting delayed I believe.
                            I also read that it takes sometimes a year to slice this admin processing . Is this true ?
                            How long u all guys are waiting ?

Comment

221G H4 Visa ....No status update after interview

Interview Date: 11/10/2012. VO:- Took passport along with documents stating she needs to look at them. No slips I mean no 221g given.

Email Received: 15/10/2012. Stating:-->
                              Case Reason: Submission of Documents
                              Public Response:
                              please submit the following documents to the nearest OFC center or contact at 0120-6602222.

A copy of the petition with all supporting documents as filed with USCIS./ clover letter to DHS

□ A copy of the employment contract or letter of agreement signed by you and the petitioner.

□ A copy of the contract between the U.S.-based petitioner and the client company (the job site where you will actually work), stating the timing, terms and agreement for your project.

□ A letter (on letterhead) from the personnel department at the U.S. end client company (the job site where you will actually work) stating that there is a vacancy for you.

□ A detailed description of the project to which you will be assigned. Include a complete technical description of the project, employer, timeline, current status, number of employees assigned, worksite location, and marketing analysis for the final product.

□ A complete itinerary of services or engagements (including both internal and client projects) that specifies the dates of each service, the names and addresses of the actual employers, and the names and addresses of the locations where the services will be performed for the duration of the petition.

Document Submission Date:--> 04/12/2012. (Delay in document submission because of Sandy Storm and USPS delay)

Now I do not see any update anywhere the following link shows Administrative Processing and last update date as my interview date i.e. 11/10/2012.

Just to inform my Husband has been working from 1/12/2011 in US (full time), 6 months on CPT as Intern for a top MNC Bank in NYC. Changed job on OPT with a consulting firm (EVC model) 18 Months and on H1b from October,2012 with same company and client. Never been out of status or any visa misuse. Submitted all proof during interview like Bank statement's W2's, Salary receipts etc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X