Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change from eb2 to eb1 category

Dear All,
    I have a question. My employer wants to file my Green card processing under the EB2 category. I have some publications pending. If they are approved I will be eligible for EB1 category. So Can I change from EB2 to EB1 once the green card process has started. Thank you, Raghavesh

Originally posted by raghavesh_p View Post
    Dear All,
    I have a question. My employer wants to file my Green card processing under the EB2 category. I have some publications pending. If they are approved I will be eligible for EB1 category. So Can I change from EB2 to EB1 once the green card process has started. Thank you, Raghavesh
    Yes, I believe you can. At the same time, I've heard off late that simply publishing papers does not qualify one for a GC under EB1 category. A lot more credentials are required. How many publications are you talking about?

Comment

eb1 to eb2

thanks for ur reply.
      I have 8 to 9 abstracts and 1 publication. Also If I finish Nephrology fellowship, I will be having double MD. Will that be eligibile for eb1 category? Thanks, Raghavesh)

Comment

Originally posted by g_enhomme View Post
        Yes, I believe you can. At the same time, I've heard off late that simply publishing papers does not qualify one for a GC under EB1 category. A lot more credentials are required. How many publications are you talking about?
        thanks for ur reply.
        I have 8 to 9 abstracts and 1 publication. Also If I finish Nephrology fellowship, I will be having double MD. Will that be eligibile for eb1 category? Thanks, Raghavesh)

Comment

Originally posted by raghavesh_p View Post
          thanks for ur reply.
          Well, don't get me wrong, but I don't think that's sufficient to qualify for EB1, unless your company does an employer-based EB1 petition. If you do a self petition, chances are your case will be turned down. Nowadays, one of the requirements for EB1 (although not written in stone) is to have at least 8-10 publications, which are of high quality and which are published in top notch journals like Nature, Science, Cell, PNAS, etc. In addition to this, 1) you have to be first author on at least 5 of your papers and 2) one or more of your papers should have received wide media coverage (press releases, etc.). The above is just one aspect that will help your EB1 petition. There are other things such as 1) you being a faculty member, 2) you being an "invited" member of "reputed medical societies," and 1) you being an editorial board member/peer reviewer of a good journal.

In the past, i.e. before 2000, GCs under the EB category were issued fairly easily to skilled scientists with MDs and Ph.Ds; some did not even have publications (I know of several such cases). But things have changed a lot now.

I know of colleagues who have 10-15 publications, some in journals mentioned above, and did not qualify for EB1. A lot also depends on the lawyer who handles your case. My advice would be to consult with some of the best lawyers; they'll assess your case and give you honest opinions as they have their reputation to worry about. Other lawyers simply need revenue.

All said and done, if you can convince your company to sponsor your EB1 petition, that will hold more credibility.

Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X