Question on Petition validity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Petition validity

My employer filed a petition for me for a project with a particular client and it was only approved for one year ending in April next year. I got my h1b stamped last week.

I want to the understand the following:

1. If the same project is extended above the duration for which my Petition is approved, what is required? a new LCA or a new petition? What are the costs involved in it?

2. If the project finishes on time and my Petition expires along with it. If I want to move to a new client project with the same employer, what is required? a new LCA or a new petition? What are the costs involved in it?

3. If my LCA is approved for a client project based in Florida and to start with my new employer, I must visit the employer's New York office initially, is it OK if I land in US at the New York Airport. What are the restriction for Port Of Entry? is it necessary that I need to go to the LCA approved location directly?

Appreciate your response, Thanks!!

1. If the same project is extended above the duration for which my Petition is approved, what is required? a new LCA or a new petition? What are the costs involved in it?
    >>> A new LCA and when the LCA gets aprpoved, a new H1B petition based on the approved LCA. Check the cost involved in filing form I-129 in uscis.gov. The employer should pay the petition fee and it should not be your concern.

2. If the project finishes on time and my Petition expires along with it. If I want to move to a new client project with the same employer, what is required? a new LCA or a new petition? What are the costs involved in it?
    >>> Same as answer 1.

3. If my LCA is approved for a client project based in Florida and to start with my new employer, I must visit the employer's New York office initially, is it OK if I land in US at the New York Airport. What are the restriction for Port Of Entry? is it necessary that I need to go to the LCA approved location directly?
    >>> There is no such thing. You can enter U.S at any major international airport. As long as you have proper documents to prove that you have a job available and reason why you did not choose an airpot close to your work location (mentioned in form I-129), then you are all good.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X