Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got H1B sponsership/Offer letter from US employer How to proceed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got H1B sponsership/Offer letter from US employer How to proceed??

Today, I Got a offer letter from one of US employer which is a Indian Multinational Comp.
    They are going to sponser my H1B visa fees and everything, Could anybody help me, out how to proceed further and How much time it will take to complete the entire H1B visa stamping?

There is enough information on the visas section of immihelp about H1B visa processing. Read them. The employer will need to sponsor you a H1B petition. It will take about 2-3 months for the petition to get approved in normal process and 15 days by premium processing (additional $1250). Once the petition gets approved, you need to fill DS160 and schedule a visa interview at any U.S consulate in your home country. When the visa gets approved, you can travel to U.S to work for the employer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply!!
      What Documents do i have to submit for my petition get approved?? In addition to my qualification and Employment Documents my employer asked me about a marriage certificate. and as of now i am not married so i don't have any marriage certificate but within next 2-3 months I am getting married. Is it OK If I didn't submit a Marriage cert. for petition approval documents and will attach it while filling a Visa application.?

Comment

Marriage cert is required if you plan to get the dependent visa (for your spouse). i.e. H4. Its not required for a H1B.
        Once you get the marriage certficiate (i.e. after your marriage ) then you can still apply for a dependent visa seperately.

Comment

Thanks for your Reply,
          so, you mean For Initial H1B petition approval i don't need my marriage certificate right?
          but if i get married before applying for my H1B visa I still can show myself as married right?
          and apply for my wife's dependent visa along with me or separately ??
          what if i didn't get my marriage before my H1B visa application and got it after that, can i/she apply for H4?

Comment

so, you mean For Initial H1B petition approval i don't need my marriage certificate right?
            >>> Right. If you are not married, then how can one show produce a marriage certificate. There is no rule that H1B will be issued only for people who are married.

but if i get married before applying for my H1B visa I still can show myself as married right?
            >>> Yes.

and apply for my wife's dependent visa along with me or separately ??
            >>> That is your wish. You can either apply together or separately. Applying together is advisable.

what if i didn't get my marriage before my H1B visa application and got it after that, can i/she apply for H4?
            >>> Yes.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply, shervin143.
              I have few doubts about my educational documents,
              In my few certificate/marksheet, my fathers name is mis-spelled means there is variation of my father's name spelling on my marksheets & certificates which is not matching with my fathers name on passport, will it be a problem for my H1B petition approval and visa processing?
              Do we have to submit all semester marksheet for H1B petition approval or marksheet per year will be enough??
              for my diploma i have per semwise marksheet and no year wise marksheet but a seperate marksheet for Diploma award.
              for degree i have semester wise and yearwise marksheets.
              Please guide and suggest
              Please reply....
              Last edited by gawaipraful; 04-10-2012, 12:55 AM.

Comment

In my few certificate/marksheet, my fathers name is mis-spelled means there is variation of my father's name spelling on my marksheets & certificates which is not matching with my fathers name on passport, will it be a problem for my H1B petition approval and visa processing?
                >>> Get the passport corrected to match the name in your mark sheets.

Do we have to submit all semester marksheet for H1B petition approval or marksheet per year will be enough??
                >>> All semester mark sheets need to be submitted.

for my diploma i have per semwise marksheet and no year wise marksheet but a seperate marksheet for Diploma award.
                for degree i have semester wise and yearwise marksheets.
                >>> Submit whatever you have received during your diploma and degree.

Comment

The problem is something like this
                  I have "pandurangi" on 10th and Diploma Marksheet/certificate,
                  "Pandurang" on Degree marksheet/Certificate and
                  "Pandurangji" on my Passport and Experience Certificate.
                  IS it good if I Produce a declaration on (100 Rs) stamp paper saying that i am the same person.
                  Please suggest........

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X