221g Processing- Right to Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g Processing- Right to Information

I have been waiting for more than 4 months now for 221g administrative processing at Mumbai Consulate. They haven't asked for a single piece of document from me and also don't tell as to what stage our visa processing is. I work directly for my employer i.e. no vendor or any other layer.

Is it possible to hire a lawyer to send show cause notice to the US consulate at Mumbai for such a long delay and also to ask for transparency in the 221g processing, may be by invoking the right to information act, to find out why is it taking so long for processing?

Also, I feel like filing a suit for damages incurred (rent, insurance, no pay, etc.) due to their delay in processing and refusal to give the status of visa processing which prevents us from proper financial planning.

Let me know if anybody have any experiences or suggestions in such matter

Thanks,
    Piyush

I am in same boat. If you find way out, please keep us posted.

Thanks

Comment

221(g) The Annoying Blue Letter

I am also waiting like you since more than 4 months. Exactly same as your status my case too replicates in every aspect at Hyderabad Consulate. Recently I got a reply to one of my routine inquiry and they mentioned to me that my case continues to undergo processing.They also mentioned that they cannot speed things up and can't give a specific time frame during which processing will be completed. It seems as per the 222(f) of Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) the information about any particular non-immigrant's case cannot be divulged to third parties. I don't know why they are freaking with us like this. This is mere, utter ridiculousness. Please disclose any updates regard to your case from time to time.

Thanks for your time,
      PERKIT.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X