H1b stamp query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b stamp query

Mine was applied for H1 in 2011 and went to USCIS for further review for company abc. My current company xyz has also filled H1 which is under 221g, submitted docs and waiting for response. Now H1 with abc got reaffirmed and they are asking to visit consulate for stamping. Shervin please help me with following queries :

1) Is it good idea to go for previous h1 stamping again while current is pending in 221g? because they may ask for it

2) Will appear in interview for reaffirm H1b interview will impact current 221g because it adds one consulate visit because they check even fir confirming visa after passport submission?

3) Even if we plan for appear in affirm interview is there any need to buy HDFC receipt fees because it was valid for one year only.

4) Do we have to take interview appointment or have to email consulate for interview in case of reaffirm stamping

1) Is it good idea to go for previous h1 stamping again while current is pending in 221g? because they may ask for it
    >>> This is not an issue. Since the petition got reaffirmed, you can appear for the visa interview again.

2) Will appear in interview for reaffirm H1b interview will impact current 221g because it adds one consulate visit because they check even fir confirming visa after passport submission?
    >>> Not an issue. If asked, let them know that you will withdraw the other application once the reaffirmed petition gets stamped.

3) Even if we plan for appear in affirm interview is there any need to buy HDFC receipt fees because it was valid for one year only.
    >>> I don't you need to. However, check with VFS helpdesk.

4) Do we have to take interview appointment or have to email consulate for interview in case of reaffirm stamping
    >>> No need to take the appointment again. Talk to VFS helpdesk. They will let you know exactly what to do in this case. You can also email the consulate.

Post your experience after the interview on the reaffirmed petition. It will be helpful to others who are in the same situation as you.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X