X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6th Yr H1B- Green card process time..

HI

I am currently in my 6th year of H1B.

Could you please let me know if a Green card process can be completed within 5 months period. If not, how many minimum months are needed to complete a GC process and get a H1B extension.

Thanks
    Last edited by choice2012; 04-17-2012, 07:30 PM.

5 months is not enough. The employer will need to file the Prevailing wage with DOL. It takes about a month or two to get approved. Then they need to place AD in the local news papers for a month. Then there should be a quite time of 1 month before they can file the PERM petition. PERM will take anywhere between 3 months to a year in some cases. If it goes into audit, it will take couple of years. Once PERM gets approved, I-140 can be filed in premium to get the result within 15 days. In additin, it will take time for the lawyers to do the paper work. Do you think all this can be done in 5 months?

There is a separate section for GreenCard in immihelp. Read the articles there and educate yourself with the GC process. Since you are already in the 6th year, in order to get the 7th year extension on H1B, your labor and PERM should get approved before the end of the 6th year which in my view is highly impossible.

Originally posted by choice2012 View Post
    HI

I am currently in my 6th year of H1B.

Could you please let me know if a Green card process can be completed within 5 months. If not, how many minimum months are needed to get a H1B extension.

Thanks
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X