L1 to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1

I am having L1 B visa till July 2012 and I -94 will expires in July 2012 from Company A. Company A applied for L1 extension 3 months before.

I have below few questions.

1. Can I apply H1 B visa from Company B via premium processing while my L1 B visa extension from company A is in process?
    2. Both type of visa can apply same time is that any problem to my L1 B or H1 B visa process?
    3. If I get H1 B approval via premium processing as I mention my current I-94 expires in July 2012. I can stay in US on my H1 B visa approvals till Oct 2012?

1. Can I apply H1 B visa from Company B via premium processing while my L1 B visa extension from company A is in process?
    >>> Yes.

2. Both type of visa can apply same time is that any problem to my L1 B or H1 B visa process?
    >>> No issues.

3. If I get H1 B approval via premium processing as I mention my current I-94 expires in July 2012. I can stay in US on my H1 B visa approvals till Oct 2012?
    >>> No. You cannot stay in the country unless the L1 extension gets approved. If L1 extension is denied, then you should immediately leave the country (return all the I-94 including the one that came with your H1B approval notice), get the H1B visa stamped and return back when the H1B petition becomes effective. You can enter U.S in H1B visa 10 days prior to the H1B petition effective date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X