Is my SSN Valid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my SSN Valid?

I joined a company in May 2011 on H1b and quit in November and returned to India. Now I am back in the US again on B1/B2, looking for a Job and getting married to my boyfriend. Is my SSN still valid? Can I use it to get a Driving License, phone or getting married?

SSN once received is always yours and it will never get deactivated.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Checked with ICE - updates

Has anyone checked with ICE?

Comment

ICE has nothing to do with SSN and SSN has nothing to do with DL. Most states don't allow visitors in B1/B2 status to apply for DL. But they may allow you to drive using your foreign country DL. Check with your state's DMV.

You don't need SSN for getting a phone or getting married either. (Phone company may ask for a deposit if you don't have credit history of course).
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

SSN - not valid?

Two weeks ago, my SSN was showing as "Valid" when I checked on ssnvalidator.com. Now, it is showing as "Not valid". What could have changed?

Comment

All these private websites can do is check if the number is from a series that was issued or not. The only reason they can remove a number is if the person dies.
            If you want to check your credit history for the purpose of getting a cellphone, visit annualcreditreport.com
            This is an official site where you can get your credit report for free once every year from each of the three reporting agencies.
            Last edited by kabkaba; 04-29-2012, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I have been checking in both the instances. The results have changed in two weeks. I was on H1B till Nov 2011 and went back to India. On return to US on B1, the status was still valid. It seems to have changed recently. Any thoughts?

Comment

All your queries have been already answered.

Rather than trusting a private website, I would visit a nearby SSA office to get confirmation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X