H14 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H14 Visa

I have a VISA valid until Oct-2013 from company A, but my H1 petition is from company B. I am planning to bring my wife on Oct-2012. As far as I know I don't have to re stamp my VISA as I can travel USA with a valid VISA and a valid petition even if they are not from the same company.

Is it ok to apply for my wife H14 being in India? Or should I come back to USA after my marriage and then apply for H14?

What exactky do you mean by applying for H4? There is no need to file any H4 petition. All that she need to do is to appear for the H4 visa interview at the U.S consulate and when the visa gets approved, travel to U.S. She will need your latest H1B approval notice for both visa interviw and to show at the POE. So plan accordingly. She can go for visa stamping anytime after the marriage irrespective of whether you (primary H1B holder) are in U.S or outside U.S.

Originally posted by nanduapna209 View Post
    Is it ok to apply for my wife H14 being in India? Or should I come back to USA after my marriage and then apply for H14?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X