I94 not changed at Port of Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 not changed at Port of Entry

Need some help here, couldn't find answer any where.

I and my wife went to Bahamas in the month of March-2012 for my Anniversary through a Cruise ship. We had a valid visa to Bahamas and Visa stamped passport to enter back to United States(till Oct 2012).

Generally when we travel out of country they take our I94’s and issue a new one at the port of entry when we come back to US.
    To my surprise immigration did not stamp a departure stamp (on my passport) while leaving the port and no arrival stamp when I came back to the Charleston Port of Entry.
    They did not take my I94 card while leaving and did not issue me a new one when I came back.
    In Bahama's there was no Port of entry or exit so no immigration stamping at all.
    So there is no proof that I traveled to Bahama's at all

I know have a visa extension and my wife is filing for H1B from H4. while filling the petition application questioner

What should be my answer to below questions?
    · What is the last arrival date to United States?
    · What document did you use to enter to United States?
    · What is document number used (I94)?

If I say the last arrival date in March 2012(my bahama return date) my I94 number would not match to it?

Can some one help on this scenario, please.

Just moving up this thread a little. some one said that an AVR rule applies in this situation. If AVR rule applies what date should I use in H1B extension petition when they ask
    Last visited date?

Should I include Bahamas in Countries visited section?

My attorney said i should use the latest date of entry as last visited with old I94 number? does that seem right?

Comment

Include Bahamas in the list of countries visited. Enter proper entry/exit dates. This should not be an issue. Keep a copy of the Cruise tickets purchased for the records.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X