Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got g221 for h1 visa stamp, wants to apply for h4

Hi,
    I appeared for fresh H1 visa interview on 16 March. Previously I was on H4 visa. As my company is small group, I got g221 query Blue slip , asking for more documents from my company. I am working as fulltime employee. My employer didn't gave all documents. He just sent only one letter,giving answers in one statement for all requested documents. I submitted that letter on 20 March. Till date I have not heard anything from consulate. Now it has been more than 45 days. After discussing with VFS, I sent an email for withdrawal of my H1b visa application. I got information at VFS counter as, if I want to apply for H4 visa,then there is no need to wait for g221 query answer. Just send withdrawal email and take new appointment for H4 visa.
    So now my question is, whatever information I got from VFS is right or not? Can I appear for
    H4 visa interview directly, just by sending withdrawal email or I have to wait for reply on my withdrawal email.

If the passport is with you, then just send a letter mentioning that you like to withdraw the H1B visa application. Attach enough documents (copy of I-797, copy of 221g, copy of passport, the date and time you attended the visa interview etc) to identify your application. No need to wait for any response from the consulate or VFS. You can schedule the H4 visa interview and take when the withdrawal of H1B application is in progress. Keep a copy of the withdrawal letter that you send to Consulate with you for your records.

If the passport is not with you, then you need to wait until you receive it back from the consulate.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X