Trip to US while applying H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to US while applying H1B

I've file h1b petition this April, heard i can't enter us and surrounding territory till h1b process is complete.can someone help me understand this.
    Last edited by jh1b; 05-05-2012, 03:08 PM.

From where did you hear that? When you say you want to enter U.S during the H1B processing period, in which visa are you planning to enter the country?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

i'm planning to visit usa with tourist visa this month. one of my friends said that i shouldn't visit usa while processing h1b. Also, read about it saying that it'll create confusions. i'm searching the link.

Comment

You are allowed to visit U.S in B1/B2 when your H1B petition (filed for consular process) is pending with USCIS. As long as you are not planning to file a COS from B1/B2 to H1B later, you are fine. When the H1B petition gets approved, go back, get the H1B visa stamped and return back in H1B visa.

Originally posted by jh1b View Post
        i'm planning to visit usa with tourist visa this month. one of my friends said that i shouldn't visit usa while processing h1b. Also, read about it saying that it'll create confusions. i'm searching the link.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

hey thanks. i checked with employer again. they suggested not to travel. so dropped plans.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X