Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on COS

Hi Shervin

Very glad for your kind replies on most of the queries coming in this forum.

May be my question sounds silly but just want to get clarified on this.

H4 is issued for dependents on H1b holder with a condition not to work while on H4.

B1 is issued for participating in Business meetings and Trainings.

My question is when there is no issue in changing status from H4 to H1 while in US what is the issue in changing the status from B1 to H1 when a person is in US on B1 status.

Regards.....

Question on COS

Both H4 and H1 are dual intent.This allows those visa holders, particularly H-1B professionals, to enter the U.S. while simultaneously seeking lawful permanent resident status (green card status).Most other foreign visitors and workers, like those on H-2B worker, H-3 trainee/worker, B-1 business, B-2 tourist, VWP visitor, F-1 student, J-1 exchange visitor, M-1 student, journalism, and entertainer visas should not have immigrant intent. You cannot enter US with a non immigrant intent (as expected on a B1) and then later ask for COS to an immigrant intent (to H1). Its allowed on H4 as by nature H4 is dual intent. This is my opinion, do seek expert guidance too.

Comment

There you go. It cannot be explained more clear than this.

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Both H4 and H1 are dual intent.This allows those visa holders, particularly H-1B professionals, to enter the U.S. while simultaneously seeking lawful permanent resident status (green card status).Most other foreign visitors and workers, like those on H-2B worker, H-3 trainee/worker, B-1 business, B-2 tourist, VWP visitor, F-1 student, J-1 exchange visitor, M-1 student, journalism, and entertainer visas should not have immigrant intent. You cannot enter US with a non immigrant intent (as expected on a B1) and then later ask for COS to an immigrant intent (to H1). Its allowed on H4 as by nature H4 is dual intent. This is my opinion, do seek expert guidance too.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X