Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired w

Hi,

Im applying for my Visa Interview and there is a question as below

"Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?"

I'm now in US and my last H1B expired on August 15, 2011 which was with company A and before it expired that is in July 2011 - I transfered my H1B to company B and got it renewed through them and joined company B. My new I797 now expires on May 15, 2014.

Now as Im going to India i have to get it stamped, please suggest what should be the answer to the above question.

Thanks,
    deepk

The question clearly asks about your visa in the passport and not about your petitions. Check your passport for the last visa that was issued by the consulate and answer appropriately.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

My last stamped H1B visa expired on August 15 2011 and as im going for H1B stamping again - I think the answer should be "yes" as August 15 2011 is within last 12 months from today.

Please advise.

Comment

That is correct. You should answer Yes.

Originally posted by deepk View Post
        My last stamped H1B visa expired on August 15 2011 and as im going for H1B stamping again - I think the answer should be "yes" as August 15 2011 is within last 12 months from today.

Please advise.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X