H1B Transfer and change of client location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer and change of client location

I am currently working on H1B visa in a full-time position for company A and a software consulting company B helped me with H1 transfer.
    - Consulting company B filed for my H1B transfer(premium processing) after I got an employment offer from Client X for 6 months in Texas(LCA approved as Software Eng. in Texas).
    - My H1B transfer got approved in 4 days after petitioning for transfer through software consulting company B (with work location based out of Client X's location in Texas).
    - However, I received a new job offer from Client Y in a different state(Virginia...) for 1.5 year contract with job duties I am more interested in, while my H1B transfer petition was being processed.
    - Is it OK for me to start working for Client Y immediately (without joining client X , as my H1B was filed by a consulting company B and not Client X...) even though my H1B transfer was approved with an LCA in Texas.
    - If Yes, should I apply for an H1B amendment since the new Client is in a different state than the original H1B transfer petition?

Please advice.
    Thank you.

Can someone please advice if you have any knowledge/information about my question below?

Comment

You cannot work for client Y until a new LCA is filed and approved and an H1B amendment is filed based on the approved LCA for the client Y.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you very much for the response Shervin.

- Is there a time limit before which I should file for amendment to join Client Y(assuming LCA is approved) since my H1B transfer was approved already with starting date from May 1st and paperwork from Client X and I am not joining Client X?
        - Can I continue working for my current employer A until I file my amendment with Client Y?

I sincerely appreciate you for your time and help.

Comment

- Is there a time limit before which I should file for amendment to join Client Y(assuming LCA is approved) since my H1B transfer was approved already with starting date from May 1st and paperwork from Client X and I am not joining Client X?
          >>> There is no such timeline. You can file the amendment anytime as long as you have the LCA approved for the new work location.

- Can I continue working for my current employer A until I file my amendment with Client Y?
          >>> Yes and it is advisable to do so.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X