Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa, DS160 form-help

hi
    I recently completed and submitted DS-160 form for H4 dependant visa. I have took a DD payment for the visa fee quoting the Bar code on the confirmaiton page.

I am living and working in England-UK but, willing to attend an inerview at Chennai consulate-India. So, I have stated my India residential address as the "Home Address section" and stated "Employer details/address" in UK. But, forgot to state the UK country in the Travel history within five years

Please advice if I should contact the US Embassy and notify the above correction to be made on the submitted application now or can I do this on the day of the interview. Will this cause any problem during the visa process??? If not, should I need to complete a new DS-160 application form which will need me to cancel and take a new DD payment

many thanks
    Aravind

Advisable to get any wrong information corrected in the DS160 before you appear for the visa interview. Talk to VFS helpdesk @ Chennai to see if they can help you get this corrected. There is no need to take a new DD. If you have already scheduled the visa iterview, then you can cancel it, fill a new DS160 (with the same DD) and take the visa appointment again. If you haven't scheduled the visa interview yet, then fill a new DS160 and schedule the interview. The new one will overwrite the previous one.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X