Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Urgent Help Needed*: Applied for H1-B but L1-A got rejected earlier

Hi,

I applied for L1-A blanket visa in June, 2010. However, the application was rejected by the consulate saying I was not appropriately qualifying for L1-A blanket category visa. Post that, I applied for H1-B visa in 2011 and got my petition approved. I'm going to appear for consulate interview in Chennai very soon in next couple of days.

I have few questions on that and would be great if somebody could answer them with their experience.

1. What sort of questions could be asked on the rejection of L1-A blanket visa I faced earlier?
    2. Would there be any impact of the earlier rejection on the fresh H1-B I have applied for?
    3. Could the consulate interviewer ask why was the L1-A got rejected? If yes, what would be the best answer going out from my end?
    4. My wife is working. Though she is not going to travel immediately she would be appearing for consulate interview along with me. Could you please suggest what crucial questions could be asked to her related to her employment and plan to travel to the US?

I'm bit concerned about my previous rejection and had a bad experience of consulate interview. It would be relly helpful if the above quesries are answered. Thanks!

With Regards,
    Raj

1. What sort of questions could be asked on the rejection of L1-A blanket visa I faced earlier?
    >>> None.

2. Would there be any impact of the earlier rejection on the fresh H1-B I have applied for?
    >>> No.

3. Could the consulate interviewer ask why was the L1-A got rejected? If yes, what would be the best answer going out from my end?
    >>> They won't. They would know exactly why they rejected it and no point in asking you about it. As long as the reason for the previous rejection is not you (fraud, false info in visa application etc), you don't have to worry about the previous rejection.

4. My wife is working. Though she is not going to travel immediately she would be appearing for consulate interview along with me. Could you please suggest what crucial questions could be asked to her related to her employment and plan to travel to the US?
    >>> There is no standard set of questions. Search and read the experiences posted by others. The questions will generally be about the job, employer, qualification and experience to be eligible for the job and about employer/employee relationship.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the clarifications!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X