Should we take H4 Visa Interview in Delhi after H1 Denial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we take H4 Visa Interview in Delhi after H1 Denial

My wife went to India for stamping and had visa interview on Mar 21 in Delhi. Her H1-b was sent for revokation and now we are applying for the H4 visa. After reading on so many forums, and talking to friends it looks like there are a lot of Rejections and 221g(s) in delhi. Should we take interview at Hyderabad or some other consulate? Any one else experiencing similar issues?

You are allowed to take the visa interview at any U.S consulate in India. H1B rejection will not have any impact on H4 as long as the reason for rejection is not you (forged documents, criminal history etc).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I want to know if Delhi Consulate is denying more as compared to other consulates. That is what I am seeing in the forums.

Comment

Well, I don't have that statistics. You need to search the forum and read the experiences posted by other or wait for someone else to reply to this post.

Originally posted by sehgal View Post
        Thanks for the reply. I want to know if Delhi Consulate is denying more as compared to other consulates. That is what I am seeing in the forums.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I am in the same boat now. Please share your experience. Where did you go for stamping Delhi or Mumbai?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X