Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1B Stamping

Hi Friends

I have attended stamping interview at Hyderabad Consulate on 03rd May 2012,Interview went smooth and Visa officer just asked

1. Highest qualification
    2.indian salary
    2.Total IT experience and where i am going

Later he said something and asked me to leave and he has taken my passport did not ask for my Photo graph only I797 and BEP letter he has taken, did not clearly listened what he said at the last but not given me any 221g,two days later i got mail to submit my latest photograph ,have submitted photograph at vfs office(have submitted the photgraph which i have uploaded at the time of DS-160 form ) hyd but again i have got mail to submit latest photo after two days, have submitted new photoes at VFS on May 14th ,this time i did not get any mail till now but the status in VFS site shows "Your Passport is under process at US embassy/Consulate"

I have called to VSFS help line and they said its in Administrative processing at Consulate,Is any one faced simlar kind of experience ???can you please guid me ....
    Last edited by Raju9; 05-19-2012, 08:20 AM.

This is quite common. You should contact the consulate directly after a month or so. Nobody can predict how long it will take.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

If visa Approved along with passport will VO ask Photographs also or we have to provide even if he dont asks ....?

Comment

What photograph? The one that you uploaded with DS160 will be used.

Originally posted by Raju9 View Post
        If visa Approved along with passport will VO ask Photographs also or we have to provide even if he dont asks ....?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks shervin after completing my interview VO has taken my passport along with i-797 but i did not give photo of mine later i got mail to submit my photo at Vfs office that time i submitted photograph which i have uploaded at the time of filling DS-160 after two days i have got below mail to submit new photo for further process of my case ...any idea what could be the reason for this mail ...

Dear Applicant,

This is in reference to your visa application. Please submit your latest photo at the VFS office in Hyderabad for further processing of your case.

The following is the address of the VFS office:

VFS office: 1-8-313 second floor,

“LINUS”, Chiran Fort Club Lane,

Begumpet, Hyderabad – 500016

Timings: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday except on holidays.

You may call VFS-Helpline at 0120 —6611411 for more details. VFS Helpdesk timings: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday except on holidays. The following is the email address for the VFS: [email protected].

Comment

Like above, this is quite common.
            Just wait for the decision. Asking for photos does not mean Visa was approved or denied. They are just processing it. Consulate can be reached at nivhyderabad at state dot gov. (or something similar, I don't remember exactly, search on their website)
            This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

In my case i dont have casenumber as i have not got any 221g letter after interview....Please help me hoiw can i track my status ...when i check in Track your passport it shows the same message "Passport is under process at US embassy/Consulate" from long ...i have called and mailed to vfs help line but there is no use ..please help me friends ...

Comment

Today ,i have called to DOS and the lady said that your passport is being issued today be patient and dont make travel plan till you get passport ....I am in confusion mode what does this mean ....????guys please let me know ...

Comment

Hey Shervin,

I have question,
                  where I can contact DOS, through email or phone?
                  what are the email address or phone number?
                  Is it legal to contact DOS for non immigration visa?
                  I need to make some inquiry about H4 pending visa?
                  please help

Thank you
                  Rajesh

Comment

where I can contact DOS, through email or phone?
                    what are the email address or phone number?
                    >>> I don't have them. Google for "U.S Department of State". Look for the numbers/email to contact the customer service.

Is it legal to contact DOS for non immigration visa?
                    >>> Yes.
                    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X