Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4-Admin Process, passport held, no slip given

Hi Friends,

I am in H1b (I-140 approved, ready to file I485) and from Nepal. My wife(we got married on dec 2010) went for H4 visa interview on April 25th 2012 at Bangkok, US embassy. The interview lasted for almost 2 hours and they asked her many questions related with our relationships, my family and even asked her to show them her email communication between us. Finally they said that her visa was approved and will get in mail. But she did not get her passport for a week and on May 4th, she got a call from Embassy to drop all her documents she had during interview. She dropped her folder and the lady told that it will take one to two weeks. But this is third week. I called DOS, and they do not have case number, they have nothing in their system, just says admiinistrative process. When my wife emailed the US embassy at bangkok, they replied saying that it is under admin process and will contact her if any update on her case. I am not sure what can be the reason? Can any one please suggest if they are doing check in US or in Bangkok itself? There is no update in DOS except admin processeing status.

Thanks a lot

No one can say what kind of admin processing they are doingon her case. It can be on your employement in U.S or it couldbe something else. Unfortunately, the timeline for a admin processing cannot be determined either as they are case by case basis. Waiting for a response from the consulate is the only available option. Search and read the posts on 221g / admin processing.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply. The problem is it does not say 221g or they did not give her any slip. She had travelled to US 3 times before in tourist visa. Recently she was here in January. And even here in DOS, it does not show anything besides admin processing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X