Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent - help please - H4 Visa Stamping/ 221g for damaged passport

Hello,

Please help with your thoughts on the below.

My wife went for her H4 visa. The consular officer said that the visa was approved and to wait for the passport. We received the passport in a week's time with a Blue 221G notice saying that the they are unable to stamp her visa as the lamination on the passport was damaged. They asked her to get a new passport and submit it along with the old passport, the 221G form and the copy of my 797 approval notice.

We got the new passport in Tatkal and submitted all the docs etc. to the VFS drop box in Bangalore on Friday, May 18th. It has now been over 4 days and we still have not received the passport.

Currently, the status on the VFS website still only talks about the old passport. It says "Your passport was handed over to blue dart for delivery on 11th may" - which was the old passport being returned for the damage. It doesn't talk about the new passport being submitted/ processed.

1. What does this mean? We went to the VFS office in Bangalore and were informed that the new passport and documents have reached the consulate on Monday, 21st May.

2. When do you think we can expect the visa? I see from various forum posts that time-lines can be anywhere between 4 working days to some people saying 3-4 weeks? Given the Visa was approved, can we expect to get the passport this week itself as she is scheduled to travel here on Friday.

3. Ideally, the VFS tracking site should now say "Currently under process"? It still talks only about the old status of passport handed for delivery. Is it because they only will change the update once they receive the passport from the consulate?

4. Will all my original documents (including LCA & 797 approval petition) which were submitted also be returned along with the 2 passports?

Quite worried and anxious. Please help!!

We had a situation where my wifes passport came without the stamp even when the officer had said that your visa is approved. We submitted the passport again to VFS on a Friday and got it with stamp on Tuesday. I think you will get it either on Wednesday or Thursday. You can call VFS and ask them if they have received your passport back from the consulate and whether you can personally come to pick it up.

The VFS web site in our case was also just showing the status of the old delivery date for the passport.

Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by aTesting View Post
      We had a situation where my wifes passport came without the stamp even when the officer had said that your visa is approved. We submitted the passport again to VFS on a Friday and got it with stamp on Tuesday. I think you will get it either on Wednesday or Thursday. You can call VFS and ask them if they have received your passport back from the consulate and whether you can personally come to pick it up.

The VFS web site in our case was also just showing the status of the old delivery date for the passport.

Goodluck
      Thanks aTesting. It is encouraging to hear of your experience. Hopefully, we will get the passport in a day or so. Just a couple of clarifications please.

1. Did you submit the passport and docs to VFS in Chennai locally? Also, did you pick it up from the Chennai VFS office? That could explain why even though we also submitted it on Friday (in Bangalore), we haven't got it yet given the day it takes to courier to and from Chennai to Bangalore.

2. Did the VFS status show old delivery date all the time until you picked it up from VFS? Ideally, once VFS gets it back form the consulate they will probably update it that evening but you may have picked it up the same day.

Please let me know. Thanks again!

Comment

Actually we submitted the passport to VFS Mumbai, since we are from Mumbai. The passport was delivered by courier to our house on Tuesday. Since in your case it has to be couriered from Chennai to Bangalore, that might cause the delay of a day or two.

The VFS status showed old delivery date even after we got the passport after resubmission, so they didnt update the status on the site. I suggest you call VFS and ask them if they got the passport back from the consulate.

Goodluck

Comment

Urgent help Needed

My wife got 221g for H4. US consulate is asking for new passport.
          (My 2 kids got visa stamped.)

1. Passport is still with US consulate and not sure they will give the old passport. It has been two weeks.
          2. Can we apply for new passport in tatkal without having original old passport (We have the photocopy)?

Comment

You will need the old passport to apply for the new one. Write to the consulate and get the old passport back.

Originally posted by jain_0909 View Post
            My wife got 221g for H4. US consulate is asking for new passport.
            (My 2 kids got visa stamped.)

1. Passport is still with US consulate and not sure they will give the old passport. It has been two weeks.
            2. Can we apply for new passport in tatkal without having original old passport (We have the photocopy)?
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X