Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer before activation

Hi,

I am currently working on L2 EAD and my employer (a consulting company) has filed my H1B petition on April 2012 and I am still waiting for the approval notice. Meanwhile the client I work for wants to hire me full time and wants to know from when I can start working with them directly. I would be starting on my H1B status with my current employer from October (but I have been working with them for the last 1 year on L2 EAD status).

So now my question is from when can my H1 transfer be initiated? Can I do it immediately after my H1B approval notice comes in (sometime in June 2012) or should I wait until October 2012? Also assuming if i can initiate only on / after october, can i initiate in October itself or do i need to wait for a couple of months after October for my payroll run in H1 status?

I am slightly confused on this now, and any inputs on this would be highly appreciated!

Thanks
    S

Transfer can be filed anytime after you receive the H1B approval notice and no need to wait until Oct 1st.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X