X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Cap Ememption query ASAP

Hello

I was having my H1 B Petition approved from 0ct-2006 to oct 2009
    Visa issue date was Dec 2006 to Oct 2009 I was in USA from April 2007 to April 2008.

Now I got my H4 visa Starting from May 2012 ....So Can i reopen my previous H1 B visa? Do I come under H1 B cap exempt. or not...?

Can you please let me know how many years i will come under H1 B Cap exemption does it count from Petition date...or from the visa issue date....Pls help me...?

One H1B CAP is valid for 6 years from it last approval. You do the math to figure out if you are eligible for CAP exemption or not. Since you have stayed outside U.S for 1 whole year, you are also eligible for a fresh new H1B with Oct 1st as the start date that will get you a fresh 6 year term in H1B. If you use the old CAP with an immediate start date to file a new petition, then you will get only the remaining period in that CAP (time already spend in U.S in H1B + L1 will be deducted).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Just one question does this 6 year is from visa start date(the day i have gone for stampoing) or Petition approval date....?

Comment

CAP has nothing to do with your visa. It is always associated to the petition.

Originally posted by pvreddy7 View Post
        Just one question does this 6 year is from visa start date(the day i have gone for stampoing) or Petition approval date....?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X