Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change job after receiving I797C "Notice of Action" for I-129 Application (H1B)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change job after receiving I797C "Notice of Action" for I-129 Application (H1B)

Hi,

Currently, I am on OPT and working for a company say Cognizant and they have filed H1B petition. I have already received I-797C "Notice of Action" for I-129 application petition for a non immigrant worker filed by Cognizant, which is H1b. My OPT is expiring on July 31st 2012, and I am going to apply for an extension till September 30, 2012.

Now, if I get an offer from a company say Ranbaxy, before my OPT expires and actual H1b change of status or approval, can I accept that offer? If yes, please tell me the procedure and if not, then is there any other solution?

Please let me know, if something is unclear.

Thank you in advance!

Originally posted by manhattanhenge View Post
    Hi,

Currently, I am on OPT and working for a company say Cognizant and they have filed H1B petition. I have already received I-797C "Notice of Action" for I-129 application petition for a non immigrant worker filed by Cognizant, which is H1b. My OPT is expiring on July 31st 2012, and I am going to apply for an extension till September 30, 2012.

You qualify for Cap-gap extension (no need to apply for STEM extension). Just provide your school's DSO with the copy of receipt notice and they will give you an I-20 with cap-gap extension. This will be up to Sep 30.

Now, if I get an offer from a company say Ranbaxy, before my OPT expires and actual H1b change of status or approval, can I accept that offer? If yes, please tell me the procedure and if not, then is there any other solution?

If the Ranbaxy job is in your field of study, you can work for them during the cap-gap extension. But, their petition should be approved with change of status before Sep 30, for you to work for them after Oct 1.

Please let me know, if something is unclear.

Thank you in advance!
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X