Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa status pending after getting Green 221(g) from Kolkata consulate

Hi,
    I was staying in USA for past 3 years and was on extension of H1B visa which is going to expire on 21-July-2012. I came on vacation on 16-March-2012 and went for extension stamping of H1B visa on 27-March-12. There first I was told that your visa is granted and then they asked me to fill a form and then gave me my passport back with green color 221(g) saying that my case need more admin processing and that they will call me once it is done. Since then I am waiting for their call and checking status updates which is mostly given on every 15 or 20 days. My case is still showing pending. Could anyone please help me know if some has same case and how many days approximately it takes to get visa back after admin processing? Is there any way to know what is exact status and why it is getting delayed so much.

I don;t think there is any where you can find the exact status of your case.
    People are waiting from 4-5 months but still no update. Only thing which you need is keep an eye on thier website and keep checking your status everyday or alternate.

All the Best.

Comment

H1 B Visa Stamping @ Kolkata Consulate

Dear Perwez,

Can you share your experience of Interview @ Kolkata Consulate.

What are the questions asked during the interview and how is your experience.

You're from which region of india. Do you find any difficulty in changing the region.

How Is Kolkata Conslate sucess rate in comparison with other consulates (Hyd, Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai).

Please revert at the earliest, as I am planning to appraoch in next week.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
      Hussain

Comment

@Hussain,
        Interview was easy, they just asked generic questions like:

1. Who is your client?
        2. What is location?
        3. Since how long have you been with current employer?
        4. What is you designation?

However, I am not sure about success rates of different consulate or if we can change location. I am from Jharkhand so I opted for Kolkata.

Comment

Brother can I have your contact number ?

Did you hear any H1B rejection in kolkata consulate ?

How many person attending H1 B interview from south region in Kolkata.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X