Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to track passport after H4 stamping

Dear all,

My wife took my son for visa interview on 23-May-12.

Recently I moved to a new company and transferred my H1. My attorney told me that my wife doesn't need a new visa since she has a valid H4 visa from my previous employer. The visa is valid till 15-Sep-12.

So I took appointment only for my new born baby. When she submitted her passport for proof, the Visa Officer canceled her H4 visa and ask her to take a new visa. He told her to fill new DS-160 with my new employer petition number and ask her to come in next day without taking appointment and HDFC receipt. She went in next day (24-May-12) with new DS-160 and got her visa approval.

It has been one week she didn't receive her passport and also I am unable to track the passport online. When I give the passport number, the system says 'Error in application, contact system administrator'. Also I tried calling the VFS help line, even they are unable to track the passport since there is no HDFC receipt number associated to it.

Finally I sent an e-mail to [email protected]. It has been two days and I haven't received any response from them.

Can someone please help me in this? Is there any other phone number other than '0120-6611411' to contact US consulate Chennai.

Meantime my son received his passport after two days of his visa interview.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Prem

Wait at least 2 weeks. It t akes time. 1 week is hardly anything to panic.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Wait at least 2 weeks. It takes time. 1 week is hardly anything to panic.
      Thanks for your quick response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X